Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Week In and Getting Better

Yesterday officially made a week since beginning my new resolve to lose weight and get into shape.  Yesterday I weighed myself and I was at 284.8 lbs.  That means I lost 3.2 lbs my first week.  To be honest, I hoped for more.  You see, I've done some dieting in the past and it'd not uncommon to lost more your first week and then to settle into the 2-2.5 lbs a week standard.  But despite hoping for more, I'll be happy with it.  It's a start.  And as far as losing weight goes, slow and steady may not win the race, but it'll definitely get me to the finish line.

Last night, I decided to finally take some measurements as well.  I'll just take these once a month so I can hopefully get soem change between measurements.  Here they are right now.

Waist (1/2 inch above the belly button): 50.5
Hips: 51
Thigh: 30.5
Upper Arm: 16
Neck: 18
Calf: 19
Body Fat (according to my scale) : 37.4%

So there's my baseline.  I'm hoping that a month from now I can see some noticeable difference on at least some of these numbers.  The next step in my weight loss plan will be to continue counting calories (1,780 - 2,130 per day for me) and to start getting more active.  Last week I played some soccer on wednesday and did some gardening and outdoor work on Thursday and Saturday.  This week, I need to be a little more deliberate in my exercising and make sure I put in the time.  90 minutes of actual cardio exercise this week will be my goal.  That's 30 minutes, 3 different days.

No comments:

Post a Comment