Thursday, March 22, 2012

Treats at Work

Yesterday, at work, we celebrated the retirement of a coworker.  Along with that celebration there were some great treats.  We had a cake, some fruit, a meat and cheese tray and soda.  I'll admit, I had a piece of cake.  But that was ok.  You see, I logged it into my daily calories and was able to adjust my dinner last night to the point that I didn't go over my calorie limit for the day.  I stayed within my goal range.  I had also forgotten my lunch which worked out perfectly, so I had some fruit and some meats and cheeses.  I honestly felt like I succeeded yesterday because I stayed within my calories.

Today, we celebrated another coworker who will be leaving to go on to new things.  There was fruit and there were donuts.  I had some fruit.  I avoided the donuts completely because I knew they would put me over my calories today.  I'll be honest, it was a bit of a let down at the time.  But when I look at my page on Sparkpeople and see the calories that I'm eating today and the weight I've lost it picks me right back up and I feel excited about where I'm going. 

I know the road is long and it's not easy.  In fact it's really easy to give in "just this once" but unfortunately that usually turns into, "oh well, I'll start again next week".  The real trick is to stick to the diet every time and not let "just this once" ever happen.  And then, if it does, you have to pick yourself back up and not wait til next week to start again.  Life is full of things that knock us down.  Picking ourselves back up, dusting ourselved off, and moving forward is the key.  And doing that now rather than letting ourselves sit on the ground for a few days first is what gets us to our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment