Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Begun

Over the last couple of days I have made an attempt to eat better.  Basically, I've tried to cut the calories and eat more protein and less fat.  I have been mostly successful.  Not a lot of change so far but then again, it's only been a couple of days.

I have decided that I'm only going to weigh myself once a week.  There's too much variability in daily weighing, and if I weight myself every day, then when I have a bad day it'll really get me down.  It'll get me down even more if I have a good day and just don't see much of a change in my weight.  So I think that spreading it out to a week will allow sufficient time between weighings to get a significant enough change.  So there it is, every Monday morning I'll weigh myself first thing.

The next thing I need to consider is measurements.  I think I'll measure myself monthly for the same reason that I'll weight myself weekly.  I haven't decided yet which measurements to take but I'll get that worked out.

My sister just recommended a site to me called Sparkpeople.  I went ahead and set up an account.  It looks like that will help me track my progress as well as offer diet and exercise plans.  I'll use it for a while and post what I think.  One of my goals on Sparkpeople over the next two weeks is to keep a journal of my efforts.  So here it is, I have committed again to keep this blog updated with my actions, plans, and progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment