Monday, March 19, 2012

Two Weeks Later

It's been almost two weeks since my last post.  Today, I weighed in at 277.2 and that makes me pretty happy.  After about 3 weeks of dieting I've lost almost 11 pounds.  But I've still got a long ways to go.

Let me tell you about my experience this last Saturday.  I got up in the morning and had a yogurt and an apple before leaving home to run a paintball event.  For lunch, I brough a Fiber One bar, an apple and an orange.  So far, it's looking pretty low calorie (much less than normal).  But, when the event ended, I had a dinner activity to go to an no computer to look up how many calories were in what I was eating.  I was going in blind (as we usually do when we eat at events).  So I ate a reasonable dinner, but the dessert looked too good to pass up. 

In the end, when I calculated my daily calories for Saturday, I had eaten over 3000 calories.  This would be pretty good compared to my normal eating habits.  But for the last 3 weeks I've been eating around 2000 - 2200 calories per day.  I was afraid this would set me back a little.  Fortunately, I had played a lot of paintball that day and I had been really good during the rest of the week.  So in the end I still lost around 4 pounds this week. 

This little story is a perfect example of what usually happens when I eat out.  The only way I have to make sure I don't go overboard is to track everything, even if I know I went over.  It's best to track it beforehand in order to only eat what fits within my goals, but even if I can't do that, I still need to track it all.  Eating too much on Saturday helped me have greater resolve to eat right on Sunday which I did.

3 weeks and 11 pounds later I'm feeling pretty good about where this is going.  My energy level is up (a little) and my pants are a looser (again, just a little) and I'm heading in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment