Monday, April 2, 2012

A Little Disappointed, But Not Discouraged

So I weighed in this morning at 275 lbs.  While I'm still a little ahead of my goal of 2.5 lbs per week on average, I have averaged less than that for the past two weeks.  I think the big disappointment is that I weighed myself yesterday and came in a pound less. 

However, I'm not discouraged.  I've lost these 13 lbs so far without really increasing my exercise.  And today, I plan to start another program.  So far, I'm two weeks in to the hundred pushups challenge.  Today, I'll start the couch to 5k program.  That will get me walking and jogging at least 3 times a week.  I'm actually really excited to keep this up.  Julie told me yesterday that she is starting to be able to see a difference.  I'm planning to take measurements tonight so we'll see if there has been any improvement.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! The scale isn't moving fast enough for me either, but as long as it is moving down it is a good thing. Sounds like you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down is the right direction! I understand the discouragement though, I don't know how many times I've felt that way over the last year, all that you can do it continue to push on through.

    Good luck with the C25K program! I really loved it and I'm amazed now just how much I look forward to and enjoy my runs.

    ReplyDelete