Monday, February 27, 2012

The Start of Something Good!

Lao-Tzu said, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Here is my first step.  Over the course of my life, I have fought a battle with my weight.  At some points I had it fairly under control, but most of the time, I didn't.  Today, that all starts to change.  My journey of 100 pounds has begun.

You see, I don't think that a journey of a thousand miles only starts with a single step.  Rather, a journey of a thousand miles is made up of single steps.  It starts today, continues tomorrow, and will eventually end.  Along the way, some of my steps may not be in the direction I want.  Sometimes I might stumble or backtrack a little.  But as long as I get back up, face my goal, and keep walking I'll get there.  And once I'm there, a new journey begins.  That journey will include maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

So there it is.  I begin today at 288.0 lbs.  I don't know if my goal is 100 lbs or not.  To be honest, it'll depend a lot on when I feel healthy and look how I want to look.  And really, it doesn't matter.  That goal is too far away and too big for me to concern myself with it now.  What matters is that I start with a goal that I can attain through steps that I can take now.  So for now, my goal will be 10 lbs.  And my other goal, will be to make myself accountable here, to you.  As I work toward my final weight goal, I commit myself to updating this blog regularly with weight info, plans, weekly goals, actions and so on.

My journey of 100 lbs has begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment